Why do students study online? What are your reasons for choosing online study?
Studying online is obviously very different from attending classes on campus.
- You choose when and where, instead of knowing that you have to be at a certain place by a certain time.
- The energy of the class is all generated online. You don't get a group vibe in the traditional way – from being present, together.
There's advantages and disadvantages to online learning. But we're just interested in the advantages. Why online study?
Enter the $2k for 200 Words Competition
Join the discussion below – Leave a Reply – for the chance to win $2,000 (Australian). The competition closes on 1 September 2018.
Tell us about your motivation for choosing to study online. Here are the basic rules for this round:
- Discuss just 1 reason, and 1 reason only, for studying online. Don't provide a list. Elaborate on that reason.
- The first line of your comment is the title you've chosen for your essay.
- Tell everyone an interesting story. This is an essay comp, not an assignment. Be imaginative and creative.
Some further rules that apply:
- A comment (or response to a comment) needs to be 100-200 words to be considered for a prize. Shorter or longer comments won't be considered.
- Maximum of 3 entries per person.
- Prizes will be paid out by PayPal using an email address supplied by the winner.
- We'll moderate your comment. Any competitive entries will generally be published within 24-48 hours. Occasionally, we may curate the discussion by deleting non-competitive entries.
- If similar entries are submitted, we'll give preference to the 1st entry received. You have a better chance to win by entering early.
- Shortlisted entries will be checked for plagiarism.
- Your essay should be interesting, informative and/or entertaining.
- Don't write until you've thought of something good.
- As well as good content, it helps to write well. While your entry doesn't have to be a literary masterpiece, it should be grammatically correct and easy to read.
- Use the first line for the title. We'll bold the title when approving the comment.
- Include a blank line between paragraphs.