1. University style (fixed dates)
- Business Model Canvas: A Tool for Entrepreneurs and Innovators
- Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management
- Valuing Projects and Companies
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Management Techniques for Development Professionals
- Project Management for Business Professionals
- Principles of Project Management
2. Self paced (start anytime)
- Budgeting and Scheduling Projects
- Initiating and Planning Projects
- Managing Project Risks and Changes
- Project Management: The Basics for Success
- Project Management Basics
3. Short courses (skills training)
- Diploma in Modern Project Management Theory and Practice
- Diploma in Project Management
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Introduction to Modern Project Management Theory and Practice
- Modern Project Management - Managing the Project Start-up, Scheduling and Budgeting
- Modern Project Management - Working with Clients and Project Teams
- Project Management - Project Feasibility and Life Cycle
- Project Management – Quality, Risk, Procurement and Project Closeout
Study project management for free
Managing projects effectively requires extensive business skills and knowledge. We've listed specialised project management courses which are fully online and free.
You may also want to study free online courses on topics such as leading teams, business planning and finance. These and many other business fields are relevant to project management.
Types of courses
University-style courses are online versions of the kinds of project management units you can study at university. They have start and end dates. Providers such as Coursera and edX deliver free PM courses from institutions such as the University of Adelaide and University of Virginia.
Self-paced modules are also available through providers such as Coursera. With self-paced courses, you work through material according to your own timetable. Coursera offers project management courses from unis such as the University of California, Irving.
Free short courses are a good option for quickly picking up some practical PM skills. They are self paced and allow you to quickly learn what you need to know. ALISON has several specialist project management courses.