Featured ECU courses
- Social Work Degrees March 12, 2017
- Best Marketing Degrees (Bachelor and Masters) July 16, 2016
- International Business Degrees February 24, 2017
- Human Resources (HR) Management Degrees July 11, 2016
- Top 3 MBA Programs in Australia August 20, 2016
- Education, Teaching Degrees February 14, 2017
- Master of Professional Accounting March 2, 2017
- Law Degree Programs February 13, 2017
- Counselling Degree Programs February 22, 2017
- Health Administration Programs February 25, 2017
- Psychology Degrees (Bachelor and Graduate) March 3, 2017
- Environmental Science Degrees February 18, 2017
- Nursing Degrees March 11, 2017
- Accounting Degrees February 16, 2017
Edith Cowan University is a suburban Perth university. It has a significant and growing presence in distance learning.
- ECU has a reputation for quality teaching.
- The university is also known for producing job-ready graduates in vocational fields such as nursing and teaching.
ECU has been innovative in distance education and is the leading online university in Western Australia. It offers a good selection of online courses, with strong business, education, law and social-welfare programs.
ECU's business school is one of the largest in Western Australia. The university's online business courses are designed to produce graduates with applied skills. Major study areas include:
- accounting, finance
- business administration and management
- event, hotel, tourism, hospitality and sports management
- international business and marketing
- planning and project management.
ECU offers an online Master of Healthcare Studies course for registered nurses, midwives and other health professionals. You can build your clinical and professional skills through a structured, work-integrated learning program. Students do projects within their own workplace setting to develop job-relevant skills.
Edith Cowan University has Australia's top law school according to graduate satisfaction ratings.
- The Bachelor of Law course is law focused, with students able to build a program comprised only of legal subjects if they wish.
- But there is also the option of doing a combined degree that blends law with arts, business, criminology and justice, or psychological science.
- When studying law online, you have access to on-campus facilities as well as interactive learning spaces, recorded lectures and online discussion groups.
ECU offers diverse and nationally-recognised online courses in the areas of psychology, counselling, and social work.
- Online learners can study Psychology as part of a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. The 3-year program is available fully online while an honours year can be completed by mixed-mode study.
- A 3-year Bachelor of Counselling degree provides the academic foundations for being a counsellor.
- ECU's Bachelor of Social Work course is based in Bunbury, Western Australia. Students who elect to study in off-campus mode are required to attend on-campus activities for a minimum of 5 days per semester.
- If you are a qualified social worker, you can extend your professional development with a Master of Social Work degree. The 1.5-year Advanced Practice program is fully online.
ECU's online education program is well connected to schools in Western Australia.
- The Bachelor of Education degree can be completed with a major in Early Child Studies, or Primary Education. The qualifications enable graduates to teach in Australian primary schools (up to year 3 for Early Childhood Studies).
- ECU has a 1-year Master of Education program for teachers and other education professionals to do advanced coursework. Specialisations include: behaviour management, leadership, learning difficulties, literacy, special education, and teaching English to speakers of other languages.