Featured Deakin courses
- International Relations Degrees February 24, 2017
- Graduate Certificate in Accounting February 16, 2017
- Bachelor of Business Degrees August 13, 2017
- Economics Degrees (Bachelor and Masters) February 17, 2017
- Graduate Certificate in Business August 16, 2017
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting February 17, 2017
- Psychology Degrees (Bachelor and Graduate) August 7, 2017
- Bachelor of Arts Degrees February 15, 2017
- Best Master of Commerce in Australia August 18, 2017
- Nursing Degrees August 18, 2017
- Engineering Degrees February 23, 2017
- Social Work Degrees March 12, 2017
- Human Resources (HR) Management Degrees August 18, 2017
- International Business Degrees February 24, 2017
- Education, Teaching Degrees February 14, 2017
- Criminology Degrees March 8, 2017
- Best Finance Degrees (Bachelor and Masters) April 6, 2017
- Graduate Diploma in Business February 15, 2017
- Health Administration Masters February 25, 2017
Deakin is a large Victorian university that specialises in flexible learning.
Deakin is well known as a mainstream university but is also committed to distance learning.
- It offers a strong selection of online courses that graduates rate highly.
- Distance education students can study 100% online or, alternatively, combine online (cloud) and on-campus study.
- For many courses, you can choose elective units from other programs.
- Where hands-on learning is required, short residential schools are organised. A residential school is a block of 1-5 days with intensive on-campus classes.
- The cloud is a personalised, interactive platform for students to communicate, share and collaborate – anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Deakin has a rich program in arts, humanities and social science. Undergraduate students can study for a Bachelor of Arts or specialised Bachelor of Communication degree.
Available majors in the cloud study mode include: anthropology, Arabic, Australian studies, children’s literature, criminology, history, Indonesian, international relations, journalism, language and culture studies, literary studies, media studies, Middle East studies, philosophy, politics and policy studies, professional and creative writing, public relations, sociology, and Spanish.
Deakin’s business courses are job focused and enriched with practical content. There is plenty of choice for online students. The Bachelor of Commerce degree alone has 20+ possible major sequences. Some of the study areas are:
- accounting, finance, financial planning
- economics, international business, marketing
- management, leadership, MBA.
Deakin’s online computer courses give you knowledge, skills and experience to keep up with this rapidly changing field. They are flexible, so you can design your study program to match your interests and goals. Study areas include information technology, computer science, IT security, and games design and development.
Deakin offers both a Master of Education and Master of Teaching in the cloud (online) mode. Both are 2 years worth of full-time study.
- The MEd program combines coursework with a dissertation. Specialisations include languages, leadership and management, and special needs.
- The MTeach online course is for aspiring primary and secondary teachers who want to study part time. Students can specialise in primary or secondary teaching or both (as a dual qualification).
Deakin also offers graduate certificates in education by distance learning. Each course consists of 4 units. You can study online for a Graduate Certificate in: Applied Learning and Teaching, Educational Business Leadership, Education (Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages), or Higher Education Learning and Teaching.
Employability is the focus of engineering degree courses at Deakin.
- The university aims to produce well-rounded engineers with significant exposure to professional engineering practices.
- Online engineering courses include residential schools.
- Specialisations include: civil, electrical and electronics, design technology, mechanical and mechatronics.
Deakin offers a wide selection of courses in health and community fields.
For most programs, you need to combine cloud with on-campus learning.
- health sciences
- food, nutrition and dietetics
- health administration
- nursing and midwifery
- public health and health promotion
- social work.