An online Master of Information Technology is a versatile degree. Studying for a masters can help you start an IT career or shift technology fields. You can also upgrade professional credentials and qualify for leadership roles.
You may want to study for an IT masters online if you:
- have a university degree of any kind and want to formally study information technology for the first time, or
- have an established IT career and are keen to improve your knowledge and academic qualifications.
A good online masters program (a) allows you to achieve your personal learning and career goals and (b) provides an enjoyable study experience along the way.
The top 3 graduate programs in Information Technology each offer something different.
- Monash Online's 8-unit data science program is a great way to become proficient in this field. Data management, analysis and presentation are large and growing IT activities.
- If you want to get ahead as an IT manager, the leadership masters from Deakin University is an outstanding option. The program aims to quickly give experienced IT professionals formal recognition of achievements.
- CSU has one of the biggest IT academic programs, especially online, and is able to cater to most graduate needs.
Monash Graduate Diploma of Data Science
Monash Online allows you get up to speed with what's happening in big data with its Graduate Diploma of Data Science. The 100% online course consists of 8 units. You do 1 unit at a time, each taking 6 weeks of part-time study. Subjects include data curation, pattern recognition, visualisation and data wrangling. The program is open to students with a relevant degree, and certain other graduates. You may need to do foundation units if you've studied business, engineering or science, or if you are seeking entry based on relevant experience.
Deakin Master of IT Leadership
Deakin University offers the ultimate credentials program for IT managers. The Master of IT Leadership is ideal if you already have experience managing IT projects and teams. The affordable, fully online program allows you to demonstrate capabilities in a convenient way. You balance online academic study with 'credentials units', where you present evidence of accomplishment. You can start with the Graduate Certificate part of the course. 12 months fast-tracked completion of a masters is available – while you're working. Graduates come away with extra credentials and skills to keep winning management roles.
CSU Master of Information Technology
Charles Sturt University offers a flexible Master of Information Technology degree. Available specialisations include business analysis, computer networking, IT management, network security, software design and development, and systems analysis. You can choose to do a general program, or specialise by doing 1 or 2 majors. CSU has Australia's largest online computer science faculty.