Microsoft Excel is the world’s most popular data software. You can learn to use it by taking an online course.
If you don’t know how to use Excel well, you should definitely learn.
- You can access cheap training courses online, including free tutorials and certified diploma courses.
- Once you know how to use Excel, you will have a handy tool that will boost your productivity in many ways for years to come.
People use Excel for numerous jobs, such as managing data, doing calculations and building lists. Top analysts and other professionals usually know how to use Excel.
Why Learn Microsoft Excel?
Microsoft Excel is the easiest and best way to do numerous tasks. Being comfortable using Excel is a great skill to have. You have the power to organise and manipulate almost any kind of digital information.
Once you have mastered Excel, you’ll never look back. You will be more productive and employable. With Excel, you can
- Do quick calculations and create charts
- Organise personal information, such as accounts and usernames
- Create budgets and record expenses (accounting)
- Create plans and timetables
- Read information supplied to you as data
- Sort downloaded information, such as bank transactions
- Build databases and do analysis in a work setting.
How to Learn Excel
Learning and becoming better at using Excel can be done in multiple ways.
- It’s important to play around with workbooks and try out different functions.
- You can look up how to do things using the help menu or by finding an online tutorial.
Online training courses are also popular. They are particularly useful if you are a new or intermediate user. Training courses
- get you started by teaching you how to do common tasks
- show you the possibilities of the software.
Excel is something you can become good at but never truly master. It evolves, along with the potential uses for it. The best Excel users make learning an everyday part of working with spreadsheets.
Free Online Training Courses
Free Excel training courses typically use video presentations, which are organised into modules. You can learn about a specific topic by watching a video and trying to repeat the actions in Excel.
For free online Excel training, you might want to try
- GCF LearnFree.org (they have a well organised set of video modules)
- Another option is to use Microsoft’s official training videos.
Free training tutorials are effective when you know which bit of Excel you want to learn about. But, otherwise, people often find it boring to learn just by working through videos one by one.
Online Microsoft Excel Courses
For an engaging and satisfying learning experience, there are some affordable online courses.
High quality self-paced or interactive Excel courses start from around $180 (USD).
- They beat free courses because the providers have invested more in learning materials.
- Some courses also include interactive lessons.
- Extra features help you to keep working through the program.
Paying for a course produces better learning outcomes for 2 main reasons. The first is that the product is superior, with more highly developed content. The other reason is that you’ve financially invested in the course. That investment encourages you to keep learning, finish the course and get a valuable skills payoff.
Excel University Training Certificate (finance and accounting)
Excel University offers self-paced training that’s geared towards finance and accounting activities. Designed by a CPA, the programs show how to leverage Excel to automate financial tasks and produce accurate, well-presented results. The courses feature lecture videos, homework activities, and instructor-moderated forums (where you can ask questions). The training combines self-paced study with an interactive, social online experience.
Excel Everest Training Program
The Excel Everest program uses software which allows students to learn by doing.
- The program is self-paced.
- It has an interactive quality and is fun (by workbook training standards).
- Content is actually presented within the Excel environment.