You can study to be an entrepreneur with online diploma courses in business and entrepreneurship. Online programs teach you skills for starting and growing enterprises.
- To be a successful entrepreneur, it helps to have personal qualities such as courage and persistence.
- But you also need to learn how to innovate, plan, market products and manage a business.
- Formal studies complement your personal qualities, effort and hands-on experience.
A great way to further your entrepreneurial journey is to enroll in an accredited entrepreneurship course. It will give you concepts and knowledge to convert ideas into profit. One-year online diplomas are available at both vocational (TAFE) and tertiary (university) levels.
Entrepreneurship is about great business skills and a competitive product offering, sure. But it’s just as much about adaptability: the ability to move and respond to market changes... Learning from the mistakes you’ve made and growing from them plays a critical part in achieving success. The good news is it’s even better if you can learn from other people’s mistakes.
What You’ll Learn
Online entrepreneur courses combine general business studies with specialist subjects.
Entrepreneurs are business people who specialise in innovation. That’s why, as an entrepreneurship student, you learn ordinary business operations and not just the start-up phase.
An online diploma course typically consists of 8 modules and can be completed in as little as 6 months. Some of the modules could involve project work, which is handy for developing job-ready skills.
Course content normally includes subjects that you find in many business programs, such as finance, marketing, and managing people. But there is also an emphasis on subjects related to business start up, such as innovation, investment funding, presenting business cases, and growth strategies.
Business skills and attitude
The coursework of entrepreneurship is often split between conventional business studies topics (marketing, accounting and management) and courses intended to foster the entrepreneurial spirit (identifying opportunities, locating funding sources and developing an entrepreneurial mindset).
Top Online Entrepreneurship Diplomas
The top online diploma courses in entrepreneurship are accredited.
- Accreditation ensures your qualification is broadly recognised and can be used as credit for later studies.
- You can also gain financial benefits from enrolling in an accredited course, including access to student loans.
At the TAFE and college level, you can do an 8-unit Diploma of Business program that is full of entrepreneurship units.
- At last count, there were 45 individual subjects that quality to be part of an accredited Diploma of Business.
- Many of these are highly relevant to entrepreneurs (e.g. small business finance, and promoting products and services).
At university level, you can gain a diploma in entrepreneurship by completing the first year of a suitable bachelor program. If you have a degree, graduate certificates and graduate diplomas are also available (as part of MBA degrees).