An online Master of Business Law degree is ideal if you are a non-lawyer who needs to make legal business decisions. It is open to graduates of any discipline.
- The business law masters develops your ability to make good decisions when faced with regulations and other legal considerations.
- You can get an online masters degree without having to attend a campus or do long exams.
- If you have a law degree, you may be interested in doing a Master of Laws with a Business Law major (see LLM).
The Master of Business Law can be a career-booster for anyone who needs to make decisions in a complex environment. You’ll learn concepts and strategies for handling matters related to competition law, consumer law, corporate governance, intellectual property, litigation and tax law.
Business law encompasses all of the laws that dictate how to form and run a business. This includes all of the laws that govern how to start, buy, manage and close or sell any type of business. Business laws establish the rules that all businesses should follow. A savvy businessperson will be generally familiar with business laws and know when to bring in specialist legal expertise.
Why Study Business Law?
The number 1 reason to study business law is to become a better manager and decision maker.
Whether we like it or not, the law touches virtually all aspects of our professional lives. Legal architecture sits behind every hiring decision, contract, sale or purchase, publication and funding allocation.
Studying business law gives you a better conceptual framework and knowledge base for decision making. You acquire insight into what is allowed, what isn’t, and the grey areas. Decisions can be made with greater confidence and/or fewer costly legal mistakes.
Study business law online
By studying business law online, you can gain a valuable masters degree while maintaining a full-time career.
- Distance learning courses are designed for professionals with limited free time.
- You study when it’s convenient, without the hassle of getting to and from classes.
- A full program is just 8 units (compared to 12-16 for an MBA).
A Master of Business Law degree is useful for any manager but can also create opportunities for a specialist career path.
Some of roles where business law expertise can be invaluable are
- accountant, auditor or financial manager
- business leader such as director or chief financial officer
- human resource manager or dispute resolution officer
- technology consultant or contract manager
- investment, financial or policy advisor.
Legal expertise is needed to ensure activities are compliant In every industry and organisation. With a business law qualification, you can become the person who people turn to for guidance and assurance.
As the accountability and personal liability of professionals, business managers and public servants continues to grow, a strong grounding in business law is increasingly being seen as an attractive attribute for potential employers both nationally and internationally.
Master of Business Law Programs
SCU Online Master of Business Law
Southern Cross University Online offers a flexible, 100% online Master of Business Law degree. The program is designed for busy professionals. You study 1 unit at a time, each taking < 2 months. The full 8-unit program can be completed in 16 months of part-time study. Available electives include intellectual property law, competition and consumer law, litigation and corporations, tax law, property law, and corporate governance.