You can study online for an Australia law degree, including Bachelor of Laws, a combined law degree, Juris Doctor and Master of Laws.
- Australian universities offer flexible programs for law students who want to study by distance education.
- Online law courses prepare you for a career in law or related fields in much the same way as on-campus programs.
- Studying online is a popular option for mature-age students with work or family commitments.
Studying law is a big investment of your time, so you definitely want to enroll in the best course available.
- Online law programs are generally the same as the on-campus version, but just delivered digitally.
- Lectures are live-streamed or recorded.
- You can interact with other students in online forums.
Online Study Australia has selected the top law schools for distance education. These are the best degrees in terms of course satisfaction ratings and value for money. Programs are selected from among all Australian universities which offer Bachelor of Laws degrees online.
CDU Bachelor of Laws
Charles Darwin University offers an online Bachelor of Laws program which is accessible by Australian standards. You can gain entry as a school leaver with an ATAR score of 75+. If you have a (non-law) degree, you can enter as a graduate and finish the degree in 3 years instead of 4. The course touches upon legal issues that are specific to the Northern Territory, including Aboriginal legal issues.
ECU Bachelor of Laws
Edith Cowan University has a top law school according to graduate satisfaction ratings. The course is law focused, with students able to build a program comprised only of legal subjects if they wish. But there is also the option of doing a combined degree that blends Law with Arts, Commerce, Criminology and Justice, or Psychological Science. Electives are available across fields including criminal and social justice, commercial law, and government/private.
UNE Bachelor of Laws
The University of New England offers a 100% online law degree that can be completed in as little as 3 years of full-time study. The program is accredited by the Legal Profession Admission Board of NSW (LPAB) for admission as a legal practitioner in NSW and, by mutual recognition, across Australia. Students are encouraged to adopt both a critical and progressive approach to interpreting the law and legal system. You learn the law and relevant context.
USQ Bachelor of Laws
The University of Southern Queensland offers a 3-year Bachelor of Laws degree that's proving popular with students. The highly rated course is accredited by the Legal Practitioners Admissions Board as an academic qualification for admission as a lawyer in Queensland. It prepare you for practice as a solicitor or barrister in Queensland. Intending solicitors and barristers must also complete an approved practical legal training course.
Although it's not the only reason, many people study postgraduate law to get a legal career out of their law degree.
Master of Laws (LLM) degrees are important for gaining a competitive edge.
- In some areas of the law, such as intellectual property and tax, advanced postgraduate study is almost a pre-requisite.
- Studying for a masters through distance learning is a convenient way to get valuable qualifications.
Qualified lawyers can enhance career prospects by doing online masters, short courses and research degrees.
- A masters course provides in-depth training to develop critical evaluation and analysis.
- LLM students interpret the meaning of words and abstract concepts, helping with analysis of complex qualitative data.
Graduates who want to perform legal practice can do the academic parts of a qualifying course online. The standard qualification is a graduate diploma in legal practice.
UNE Master of Laws
The University of New England offers a 1-2 year Master of Laws degree by coursework. The program is suitable for Australian and international law graduates. Students can broaden their knowledge and enhance independent, critical thinking and research skills. The flexible online course develops professional writing and includes research on current issues.