You can study a 100% online course for a human resources (HR) management degree.
- Australian universities offer fully online HR courses – at bachelor and masters levels.
- Students build HR skills by learning principles of people and organisation management.
The best distance education courses offer both academic rigour and convenience. You're able to earn a professional degree by studying online from your home or office.
The best online bachelor degrees in human resource management (HRM) are available from the strongest online business schools. HRM is a business specialisation.
- To major in HRM, you typically enroll in a Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Commerce 3-year program.
- To qualify for the major, you need to do enough relevant units. For example, HRM subjects may need to comprise at least 25% of your course in year 1, 37.5% in year 2, and 50% in year 3.
Online Study Australia has selected the best online HRM bachelor courses. The top degrees are available from business programs which are highly rated in the Australian Graduate Survey.
UniSA Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
The University of South Australia Online allows you to study human resource management with all the modern conveniences. The 100% online HR degree is flexible, with shorter study periods that allow you to focus on just 1 or 2 subjects at a time. The online learning platform is easy to navigate and has everything you need. And you're backed by 7-days-a-week student support services. This degree is also accredited by the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI). Subjects include industrial relations, strategic management, and staff training and development.
ECU BCom (Human Resource Management)
Edith Cowan University offers an HR management major within its online Bachelor of Commerce program. The major is also available for combined business degrees (where you study business along with arts, engineering, law or science). Subjects you may study in your 3rd year include strategic management, recruitment and retention, workplace learning, and managing occupational risk. The course aims to provide practical experience and develop job-relevant skills.
UNE Bachelor of Business
The University of New England has a large online business program. Students graduating with a major in Human Resource Management are eligible to become a professional member of the Australian Human Resources Institute. The HR course teaches methods for understanding and managing human behaviour in the workplace. You also learn how to manage people within legal and regulatory frameworks for business.
Getting an online masters degree is a way to become a human resources (HR) manager or give your existing HR career a boost.
- Masters programs are open to people with a business degree.
- If you don't have a business degree, you may be able to start with a graduate certificate course (which could have more relaxed entry requirements).
- A graduate certificate (4 units) gives you credit towards a graduate diploma (8 units) and masters (12- 16 units).
A good masters program can teach you a great deal about HR. Learning HR management theory and principles is especially useful where you have significant work experience. This allows you to better relate theory to the real world.
RMIT Master of Human Resource Management
RMIT University offers a flexible online masters in HR management. The course has been purpose-built for online study and suits full-time workers. Students take 1 unit at a time, with each unit lasting 7 weeks. You can potentially finish the degree in 2 years of part-time study (bonus: without sitting a traditional exam). Subjects include professional practices, employment law, strategic HR development, employment relations, and business research.