Online degrees in environmental science are rich and varied.
- You can study online for a bachelor degree in environmental science, as well as for masters and other postgraduate qualifications.
- Distance learning allows environmental science students to do the academic parts of programs from home or work.
- Computer-based study is normally balanced with occasional work placements and hands-on classes.
Environmental science students learn theory but also have the opportunity to participate in field trips, lab classes and work placements. Gaining practical experience is important preparation for professional roles.
Studying environmental science online offers both a university degree and a highly-rated course experience.
- The best distance education programs achieve student satisfaction percentages into the high 80s.
- The programs also give considerable choice with respect to majors and units.
Here are the top online bachelor degrees.
CSU Bachelor of Environmental Science
Charles Sturt University’s online environmental science program is based at the Albury-Wodonga campus. For applied subjects, there are residential schools where you can access modern scientific equipment. Available specialisations include catchment management, conservation and management, land and water, and landscape analysis.
Murdoch University in Perth allows Bachelor of Science students to major in environmental science. By completing a 4th year, you can graduate with a Bachelor of Environmental Science degree. Students are encouraged to select units from other another discipline in order to come away with a double science major or combined degree.
SCU Bachelor of Environmental Science
Southern Cross University offers an external Bachelor of Environmental Science degree that takes advantage of the university’s location. Field trips explore the Lismore region’s wetlands and estuaries, forests, coastal and inland national parks, and urban and rural developments. Students can major in coastal management, environmental resource management, fisheries and aquaculture management, or waste management and resource recovery. Online study may involve podcast or video-linked lectures, electronic study materials, workshops, online discussion forums and virtual classes.
UNE Bachelor of Environmental Science
The University of New England has a highly rated online course in environmental science. It runs for 3 years (or 4 if you do a Bachelor of Science honours year). The course has many units, allowing you to design a program to suit your career goals. Available specialisations include conservation ecology, envirobusiness, natural resource management, and remediation and restoration. If travelling to Armidale for residential schools or field trips is difficult, you can mainly choose fully online units.
Studying environmental science online at the postgraduate level is an opportunity to build expertise.
- Specialist study is beneficial for environmental science graduates who took a generalist approach to their first degree.
- You can also study management if you career is moving towards administrative and decision-making roles.
- Postgraduate study is also a way to break into the field. You can construct a broad program that exposes you to many different aspects of environmental study and management.
You don't have to commit to a full 12-unit masters degree straight away. You can start with a graduate certificate (4 units) or graduate diploma (8 units).
CSU Masters Progams
Charles Sturt University offers degrees in environmental science fields. Masters qualifications are available for part-time, distance education study for the equivalent of 1.5 years full time. Some units involve residential schools or field trips in the Albury-Wodonga region. Masters degrees can be gained in Environmental Management or GIS and Remote Sensing. Subjects include conservation, natural resources, and water resources.
ECU Master of Environmental Management
Edith Cowan University offers a 2-year masters degree for graduates of other disciplines who want to learn about environmental management. The course is only available in the online mode. Students learn about management systems, environmental auditing, and risk assessment. The program finishes with each student completing a significant research/industry training project. Embedded in the program are graduate certificate and graduate diploma exit points.