Masters degrees in engineering management are available online.
- You may benefit from getting a masters if you're an engineer and want to cultivate a management career.
- Studying engineering management online is an effective, non-disruptive form of professional development.
The best online programs in Australia allow you to study when convenient and earn a valuable degree.
- You can study 100% online at whatever times suit you.
- The masters course will show you the principles and practices of successful management in an engineering context.
Engineering Management Careers
Opportunities to take on engineering management roles come with experience. As your engineering career progresses, you gain technical, professional and industry knowledge that are useful in leadership roles.
- You may be considered for more senior administrative positions within an organisation.
- You could also reach a position to be able to branch into consultancy work or a business startup.
The best engineering managers have significant engineering experience plus the ability to manage people, projects and finances.
- Not every engineer wants to transition into management or is suited to it.
- For others, management is a path to professional development and career advancement.
- Engineering knowledge is needed for effective project and team management.
- Management skills are important for achieving business and organisational goals.
Best Online Programs in Australia
The best engineering management masters allow you to achieve your learning goals. In an online environment, it's important for the program to be engaging and flexible.
When you enroll in a Master of Engineering Management degree, you should have a good idea of what you want out of the course. Programs vary in content. Ideally, the curriculum aligns with your development goals.
- You might want something that resembles a straight Master of Engineering (but with extra management content).
- Or you might want something close to a management and leadership MBA.
The best online courses are engaging. The study materials shouldn't just be lifted from an on-campus course. They should be designed or adapted for online learning, with rich use of media and digital communication.
Here are our selections for the top online MEM degrees in Australia.
CQU Master of Management for Engineers
QUniversity has a business-style program for studying engineering management. It is available by distance education and in eastern capital cities. The full program is 4-years part-time, though this can be reduced with advanced standing. You can undertake an internship or work placement as a component of the program. Students can choose from a wide selection of electives offered by the University's business school.
USQ Master of Advanced Engineering
The University of Southern Queensland offers graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and masters degrees in engineering. All are available by distance education. You can choose from a wide range of technical specialisations. You also have the option to do an engineering masters with a major in Management or Project Management. The course follows a 2-semester academic calendar.