Masters degrees in engineering management are available online.
- You may benefit from getting a masters if you are an engineer and want to cultivate a management career.
- Studying engineering management online is an effective, non-disruptive form of professional development.
The best online programs in Australia allow you to study when convenient and earn a valuable degree.
What Engineering Managers Do
An engineering manager oversees an engineering operation in some capacity. He or she is usually an experienced engineer with a good sense of the technical aspects of the operation's activities.
Duties can vary greatly depending on the particular role. An engineering manager might be responsible for:
- product development and innovation
- drawing up budgets, schedules and plans
- coordinating corporate, finance and marketing activities
- introducing machinery, equipment or systems
- recruitment and job allocation
- advising and guiding junior engineers
- leading production and quality assurance
- supervising maintenance and operations.
Engineers are really perfect candidates for management positions because of their penchant for problem solving. Those who are able to master management skills and maintain focus on technical processes will have no trouble merging into an engineering management career.
Best Online Programs in Australia
The best engineering management masters allow you to achieve your learning goals. In an online environment, it's important for the program to be engaging and flexible.
When you enroll in a Master of Engineering Management degree, you should have a good idea of what you want out of the course. Programs vary in content. Ideally, the curriculum aligns with your development goals.
- You might want something that resembles a straight Master of Engineering (but with extra management content).
- Or you might want something close to a management and leadership MBA.
The best online courses are engaging. The study materials shouldn't just be lifted from an on-campus course. They should be designed or adapted for online learning, with rich use of media and digital communication.
Here are our selections for the top online MEM degrees in Australia.