Australia's best online MBAs give you the ideal combination of academic quality, and learning where and when it suits you.
A 100% online program is a good option for busy people. You can study efficiently – doing quick study sessions when you're alert and free of distractions.
- An online MBA course offers the same benefits as a campus-based program. It will challenge you intellectually, develop you professionally, and improve your career prospects markedly.
- The top online MBA programs have extra advantages. They are flexible and non-disruptive in terms of lifestyle. And they give value for money.
- You can test an online course by doing 4 initial units, which earns you a Graduate Certificate. Continue the MBA online if it's working for you.
Why Get an MBA Degree?
Studying for a Master of Business Administration can force you out of a comfort zone and set you on a new learning path. The degree challenges your professional concepts and practices. Students purposefully examine issues that they may not have considered in depth before. You'll learn proven strategies and expand your management repertoire.
It is generally easier to take on or be considered for leadership positions if you have an MBA education behind you.
- Graduates are familiar with leadership, business, and management philosophies. These can be applied to almost any leadership role.
- Completing an MBA program signals interest and ambition in business development, strategy and management.
Online Study Australia presents only the best courses and that's what we've done here. The top online MBA programs share some things in common.
- The programs are modern, flexible and, in some cases, purpose-built for online study.
- Extensive use is made of digital learning and communication technologies.
- Assessment is generally continuous (instead of relying on end-of-semester exams).
- Affordability is good compared to MBAs at most Australian universities.
The programs are ideal if you want to study business administration in an efficient, time-saving manner.
University of Canberra MBA
The University of Canberra has teamed with Ducere Global Business School to offer Australia's most engaging online MBA. It is ideal for business professionals who don't want to sit theory-based exams. You collaborate online with fellow MBA candidates on projects, learning from each other and industry partners. The focus is on real-world experience and building specific competencies. You also receive excellent study support from the Business School. Included in the program package is access to exclusive talks from business and world leaders.
SCU Online MBA
Southern Cross University (SCU Online) has a 100% online MBA delivered on a modern learning platform. The highly affordable program is flexible, with 6 start points per year and short modules. You can choose the general program or major in: accounting, health services management, information and knowledge management, or managing and leading people. SCU Online programs are designed specifically for distance learning.
ECU Master of Business Administration
Edith Cowan University's MBA is a versatile program with many possible specialisations. While not every major is available online, the list of topics is impressive. You can learn about entrepreneurship and innovation, finance, health administration, HR management, international business, marketing or supply chains. The program follows the traditional 2-semester calendar, with some units also available over the summer. ECU is known for offering value for money.
Andrew Thorburn, NAB
NAB CEO since Aug 2014.
Previous: CEO, Bank of NZ
Susan Lloyd-Hurwitz, Mirvac
MBA (INSEAD), BA (Hons)
Mirvac CEO since Aug 2012.
Previous: MD, LaSalle Inv
Scott Charlton, Transurban
MBA (Texas), BSc, BEng
Transurban CEO since Jul 2012.
Previous: COO, Lend Lease
Andy Penn, Telstra
Telstra CEO since Mar 2015.
Previous: CFO, Telstra