Australia’s best online MBAs give you the ideal combination of academic quality, and learning where and when it suits you.
A 100% online program is a good option for busy people. You can study efficiently – doing quick study sessions when you’re alert and free of distractions.
- An online MBA course offers the same benefits as a campus-based program. It will challenge you intellectually, develop you professionally, and improve your career prospects markedly.
- The top online MBA programs have extra advantages. They are flexible and non-disruptive in terms of lifestyle. And they give value for money.
- You can test an online course by doing 4 initial units, which earns you a Graduate Certificate. Continue the program if it’s working for you.
Employers worldwide are looking for management professionals with the ability to identify new opportunities for innovation, improve performance and sustain growth. They see hiring MBA degree holders as a smart investment, and they’ll pay a premium for professionals who hold the credential.
Why Get an MBA Degree?
Studying for a Master of Business Administration can force you out of a comfort zone and set you on a new learning path. The degree challenges your professional concepts and practices. Students purposefully examine issues that they may not have considered in depth before. You’ll learn proven strategies and expand your management repertoire.
It is generally easier to take on or be considered for leadership positions if you have an MBA education behind you.
- Graduates are familiar with leadership, business, and management philosophies. These can be applied to almost any leadership role.
- Completing an MBA program signals interest and ambition in business development, strategy and management.
An MBA is a valuable credential to have on your resume. When you apply for any role that is complex and related to business, an MBA is an important signal that you are both capable and prepared to take on challenges. Where recruiters find it difficult to separate job candidates, an MBA can give you a decisive edge.
Australia’s Best Online MBAs
Online Study Australia presents only the best courses and that’s what we’ve done here. The top online MBA programs share some things in common.
- The programs are modern, flexible and purpose-built for online study.
- Extensive use is made of digital learning and communication technologies.
- Assessment is continuous (instead of relying on end-of-semester exams).
- Affordability is good compared to MBAs at most Australian universities.
The programs are ideal if you want to study business administration in an efficient, time-saving manner.
University of Canberra MBA
The University of Canberra has teamed with Ducere Global Business School to offer Australia’s most engaging online MBA. It is ideal for business professionals who don’t want to sit theory-based exams. You collaborate online with fellow MBA candidates on projects, learning from each other and industry partners. The focus is on real-world experience and building specific competencies. You also receive excellent study support from the Business School. Included in the program package is access to exclusive talks from business and world leaders.
SCU Online MBA
SCU Online has a 100% online MBA delivered on a modern learning platform. The affordable program is flexible, with 6 start points per year and short modules. You can choose to do a general business program or major in: accounting, health services management, information and knowledge management, or managing and leading people. SCU Online programs are purpose-built for distance learning.
Griffith University offers a value-based MBA that’s popular with students. The 12-unit online program emphasises the principles of responsible leadership, sustainable business practices and global orientation. Students work through units sequentially, collaborating in forums and on occasional group projects. With 6 study periods each year, you are able to earn your MBA in 2 years of part-time study.
Andrew Thorburn, NAB
NAB CEO since Aug 2014.
Previous: CEO, Bank of NZ
Tom Gorman, Brambles
BA (Economics & IR)
Brambles CEO since Nov 2009.
Previous: President, Ford Aus
Scott Charlton, Transurban
MBA (Texas), BSc, BEng
Transurban CEO since Jul 2012.
Previous: COO, Lend Lease
Andy Penn, Telstra
Telstra CEO since Mar 2015.
Previous: CFO, Telstra
There are 2 types of students: Those who want a degree and those who want an education. And there are 2 types of graduates: Those who believe doors open just because they have an MBA, and those who realize there is hard work ahead. An MBA will help those who want an education and are willing to keep working.
Just a week after Bloomberg released data that showed MBA graduates who switched careers getting a $55,000 increase over their pre-MBA pay, The Financial Times weighed in with its own data set on salary. The compensation numbers–for alumni three years out of an MBA program–was even more impressive.