The top 3 online MBA programs in Australia allow you to study for a great degree at your convenience. They give you the combination of academic excellence and learning where and when it suits you.
Why Get an MBA Online?
- Reasons for taking an MBA course are many, including personal development, challenging yourself, and career (salary) advancement.
- Online MBA programs are non-disruptive, flexible and affordable.
- You can usually test the program by doing 4 initial units (which earns you a Graduate Certificate).
A 100% online program is a good option for busy people. You can study when it suits and at whatever pace is manageable.
Why Get an MBA Degree?
Studying for a Master of Business Administration can force you out of a comfort zone and set you on a new learning path.
- It challenges your professional concepts and practices.
- Students deal with the latest issues and apply the newest management techniques.
It is generally easier to take on or be considered for leadership positions if you have an MBA education behind you.
- Graduates are familiar with leadership, business, and management philosophies. These can be applied to almost any leadership role.
- Completing an MBA program signals interest and ambition in business development, strategy and management.
Further reading: 10 reasons (for doing an MBA)
Online Study Modes
Online MBAs traditionally operate in parallel with an on-campus program. That means online students have the same curriculum as those physically attending classes.
But there are also an increasing number of purpose-built (modular) online courses. They offer special features.
- Modular programs are designed for maximum flexibility.
- You can start at different times of year.
- Full use is made of digital learning and communication technologies.
- Assessment is continuous (instead of relying on end-of-semester exams).
Employers worldwide are looking for management professionals with the proven ability to identify new opportunities for innovation, improve performance and sustain growth. They see hiring MBA degree holders as a smart investment, and they’ll pay a premium for professionals who hold the credential.
Australia's Best Online MBAs
Online Study Australia presents only the best courses and that's what we've done here. The top online MBA programs shares some things in common.
- They all are delivered by good MBA business schools with flexible programs.
- For established courses, ratings by management graduates in each of the schools are high.
- And each program takes 3 semesters worth of study for the typical student.
- As an added bonus, because they are online, these degrees are more affordable (have lower tuition fees) than MBAs at most Australian universities.
6 Top CEOs who have an MBA
Each of these CEOs leads one of Australia's top 20 (S&P/ASX 20) listed companies. Something they all have in common is an MBA education.
- The top CEOs did a variety of undergraduate degrees, including commerce, economics, engineering, law and science.
- At some point, each decided to get an MBA to improve their business knowledge and credentials.
Andrew Thorburn, NAB
NAB CEO since Aug 2014.
Previous: CEO, Bank of New Zealand
Tom Gorman, Brambles
BA (Economics & International Relations)
Brambles CEO since Nov 2009.
Previous: President, Ford Australia
Scott Charlton, Transurban
BSc, BEng (Elec)
Transurban CEO since Jul 2012.
Previous: COO, Lend Lease
Andy Penn, Telstra
Advanced Management Program (Harvard)
Telstra CEO since Mar 2015.
Previous: CFO, Telstra
There are 2 types of students: Those who want a degree and those who want an education. And there are 2 types of graduates: Those who believe doors open just because they have an MBA, and those who realize there is hard work ahead. An MBA will help those who want an education and are willing to keep working.
Just a week after Bloomberg released data that showed MBA graduates who switched careers getting a $55,000 increase over their pre-MBA pay, The Financial Times weighed in with its own data set on salary. The compensation numbers–for alumni three years out of an MBA program–was even more impressive.