An online Graduate Certificate in Accounting is one of the best value qualifications around.
- Online courses can be completed from home or work in a matter of months, with minimal life disruption.
- A Graduate Certificate in Accounting is valuable in Australia’s job market.
- Graduates qualify for further study and subsequent professional accreditation.
Good online programs let you choose units to match your needs and preferences. You can also start studying at different times of the year. And you can easily adjust your study load to balance study with work or family life.
The Graduate Certificate in Accounting
An online Graduate Certificate in Accounting is a short course that teaches accounting methods and principles. A program may consist of both introductory and advanced units.
- A full program is 4 units, chosen from an available set of usually 8 or more.
- It takes 1 semester (3-4 months) of full-time study (or longer if done part-time).
- Students who don’t have a degree can enroll in the course as a pathway to a diploma or a masters degree in professional accounting.
Graduate certificate courses are typically embedded in diploma and masters programs. That means, if you enjoy it, you can keep studying beyond 4 units and gain a higher qualification.
Why Get a GradCertAcc?
Graduate certificates for accounting are popular because they are quick and versatile.
Different types of students enroll in online GradCertAcc programs, including
- People without an accounting degree who want to gain good initial exposure to the accounting field (which is valuable in business).
- People without an accounting degree who want to become professional accountants. The GradCertAcc is a pathway to an MPA. Entry standards are more relaxed and completed units count towards a masters.
- Accounting graduates needing to do some top-up units to qualify for professional accreditation programs (Chartered Accountant, Public Accountant, or Certified Practising Accountant).
Study Accounting Online
Online study makes getting a graduate certificate easy.
- You can study anytime from anywhere according to your own schedule. Gone are the days when you need to turn up to a class in person at a specific time.
- Start dates are flexible. A course can be started at different times of the year.
- Study costs are minimal. A computer and internet connection gives you full access to course content and allows you to interact with instructors and classmates.
As with all accredited university courses, Australian students have the option to study now and pay later. A government loan is available so that you don’t have to fund your studies up front.
Top Online Programs
Deakin Professional Accounting
Deakin University offers a Graduate Certificate of Professional Accounting for university graduates. Students have 10 units to choose from, all of which meet professional accreditation requirements. They cover both applied accounting and business theory. The course is suitable for students who wish to learn some accounting as well as those who are considering becoming professional accountants.
UNE Graduate Certificate in Accounting
The University of New England offers a 100% online Graduate Certificate in Accounting. The 4-unit course is intended for (i) accounting graduates who need extra units to gain accreditation with professional accounting organisations and (ii) non-graduates seeking entry into the Master of Professional Accounting. Subjects are drawn from the Master of Professional Accounting program, covering both introductory and advanced units in accounting, finance, systems, law, auditing, economics and statistics.