An online Graduate Certificate in Accounting is one of the best value qualifications around.
- Online courses can be completed from home or work in a matter of months, with minimal life disruption.
- A Graduate Certificate in Accounting is valuable in Australia's job market.
- Graduates qualify for further study and subsequent professional accreditation.
Good online programs let you choose units to match your needs and preferences. You can also start studying at different times of the year. Courses which are purpose-built for online study are modular, allowing you to take 1 unit at a time.
The Graduate Certificate in Accounting
An online Graduate Certificate in Accounting is a short course that teaches accounting methods and principles. A program may consist of both introductory and advanced units.
- A full program is 4 units, chosen from an available set of usually 8 or more.
- It takes 1 semester (3-4 months) of full-time study (or longer if done part-time).
- Students who don't have a degree can enroll in the course as a pathway to a diploma or a masters degree in accounting.
Graduate certificate courses are typically embedded in diploma and masters programs. That means, if you enjoy it, you can keep studying beyond 4 units and gain a higher qualification.
The Graduate Certificate in Accounting provides an opportunity for students who have majored in a non-accounting discipline to achieve an accounting qualification and progress into full Master of Accounting courses.
Why Get a GradCertAcc?
Graduate certificates for accounting are popular because they are quick and versatile.
Different types of students enroll in online GradCertAcc programs, including
- People without an accounting degree who want to gain good initial exposure to the accounting field (which is valuable in business).
- People without an accounting degree who want to become professional accountants. The GradCertAcc is a pathway to an MPA. Entry standards are more relaxed and completed units count towards a masters.
- Accounting graduates needing to do some top-up units to qualify for professional accreditation programs (Chartered Accountant, Public Accountant, or Certified Practising Accountant).
Study Accounting Online
Online study makes getting a graduate certificate easy.
- You can study anytime from anywhere according to your own schedule.
- Start dates are flexible. You can begin a course at different times of the year.
As with all accredited university courses, Australian students have the option to study now and pay later.