Online courses in international business teach you how to manage commerce across borders. You learn how to sell into foreign markets, and about imports, regulations and foreign investment.
International business courses are offered by distance learning at all levels, from diplomas through to bachelor and advanced degrees. Each qualification is a pathway to the next level.
The programs are useful for people who want to work for globally orientated employers. These days, that may be the majority of companies and government agencies.
International business is one of the more challenging business disciplines. It deals with the complexities of cross-border trade and investment. Students develop an understanding of how business transactions are impacted by differences in currencies, languages, cultures, regulations, and tax structures.
Graduates of international business courses are prepared for diverse roles in business. Most large and many small businesses need experts to manage overseas dealings.
Topics that you may explore in an international business program include:
- global business strategies
- cross-cultural management
- international business alliances
- commercial practice in China
- global politics
- international trade
- international financial management
- global entrepreneurship
- international marketing
- international human resource management.
Careers in international business are diverse. You could work in one of many different occupations and industry sectors. Your job roles could also shift over time.
Graduates often work in traditional business occupations but in an international context. For example, you might work as an accountant, financial analyst or manager in the international division of a corporation. Along with general professional skills, you apply knowledge of international business and foreign countries.
There are also opportunities for specialist careers in international business – such as in transport and logistics, regulatory compliance, currency exchange, global brand management, and economic development. Jobs are available with companies, government agencies and non-government organisations.
International business is a widely available major in online Bachelor of Business degrees. You can also do a masters coursework degree on the subject, or a research degree (e.g. on business in China, or trade logistics).
- Majoring in international business requires that you do enough relevant units in the 2nd and 3rd years of a bachelor degree.
- Other units can be from the business school or another faculty.
- Depending on your career aspirations, international business can go well with the study of arts, law or information technology… READ MORE
An online Diploma of International Business is an 8-unit course that introduces you to the subject.
The program may include units in marketing, business networks, and analysing global consumption trends.
If you enjoy your diploma course, it may be possible to continue your online studies by progressing to an advanced diploma in business or even a Bachelor of Business degree.
- A diploma program is equivalent to about a year of university study.
- With self-paced courses, you can potentially finish a diploma in just 6-9 months… READ MORE