A Graduate Certificate in Business is a popular online course. It's a natural go-to program for professionals who want to study business online. A Grad Cert can be used:
- to introduce graduates with a non-business degree (e.g. arts or science) to business studies
- to provide formal qualifications for business professionals who lack a university degree
- as foundation studies for a business masters degree (such as an MBA)
- to gain specialist training in a business field, such as accounting, human resources or project management.
The top 3 online programs in Australia offer an engaging learning experience while boosting your career prospects.
A Graduate Certificate in Business course allows you to pick up business skills and set yourself up for further study. By studying online, you have the flexibility to put in study hours wherever and whenever you want.
This type of study is powerful because it's quick and provides academic credit.
- Joining a course is not a huge commitment. It consists of 4 units, which equates to about 8 months of part-time study.
- You can do a course to see if like studying business online and which subjects interest you.
- Completing the program rewards you with an accredited university qualification.
Future study credit
If you want to keep studying after earning a Grad Cert, you're well positioned.
- You would automatically be accepted by most business masters programs.
- The 4 units count. You're just 8 units away from a 12-unit MBA or similar.
The best online Graduate Certificate in Business programs allow you to achieve your learning goals in a convenient way.
Ideally, the program offers units you're interested in. If considering further study beyond a certificate, the full masters program should teach subjects relevant to you.
Delivery method is also an important consideration.
- Adapted online courses shadow an on-campus version, following the same academic calendar and finishing with exams.
- Purpose-built online programs run year round and use continuous assessment methods (such as assignments and quizzes).
We've selected the top courses in Australia based on content and features.
RMIT Graduate Certificate of Commerce
RMIT University allows you to earn a Graduate Certificate without exam stress. The 100% online course is available year round. Units can be completed one-by-one and assessment is continuous rather than exam based. Students choose units from 4 broad fields: HR management, logistics and supply chains, marketing, and project management. You can major in any of the disciplines and go on to do a Master of Commerce or specialist masters online.
SCU Graduate Certificate in Business
Southern Cross University offers an affordable online Graduate Certificate in Business. The 8-month part-time course is purpose-built for distance learning. You complete 1 unit every couple of months. Each unit is a foundation unit for SCU Online's MBA, which you can continue studying for if you complete the Graduate Certificate successfully. Subjects consist of: accounting for managers, management communication, organisational behaviour, and economics and quantitative analysis.
Deakin Graduate Certificate of Commerce
Deakin University offers a 4-unit Graduate Certificate of Commerce. The course consists of 3 core units – covering accounting, business process management, and communication for managers – plus an elective. Entry requires you to have a bachelor degree (any discipline) or at least 3 years of relevant work experience. The course articulates into a Master of Commerce degree. Deakin's cloud (online) students can start in March, July or November.