Online entrepreneur training programs are available from a limited number of Australian colleges and universities. You can study for an accredited diploma or degree in business and entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneur training programs focus on start-up and innovation phases of developing a business. They teach you how to bring ideas to market.
- Online courses also develop general business skills, which entrepreneurs need as much as specialist knowledge.
- The best entrepreneurship courses get you working on projects as well. Students gain hands-on experience in business development.
The dream for many people when they study to be an entrepreneur is to develop a thriving business. An online entrepreneur training program will help you get there. Plus you'll build knowledge and skills of value for other business careers.
The rewards from starting a successful business can be great. Apart from monetary gains, entrepreneurs are able to express themselves creatively, have higher self esteem, and report a greater sense of control over their own lives.
Online entrepreneur programs help students to:
- develop general skills for running a business
- learn what is required to launch a new business
- establish connections with future mentors, partners or collaborators
- start thinking like an entrepreneur.
The last dot point is important. The success of a new enterprise depends on the strength of the idea and the skills and resources of the entrepreneur(s). It can take time to find the great idea and be in a position to bring it to market. Thinking like an entrepreneur is how you are able to see opportunities when they present.
What Online Training Programs Teach You
An online diploma in entrepreneurship teaches core skills and knowledge for building a business.
- Accredited online diploma programs can be finished in as little as 9-12 months.
- Courses are flexible, allowing you to go fast or slow depending on other commitments.
- Some entrepreneurship diplomas count as the 1st year of a bachelor degree in business.
Online diplomas are ideal if you haven't studied business before. You can learn valuable all-round skills and gain confidence in taking on business challenges.
If you find you enjoy studying entrepreneurship online, you can potentially go on to achieve a university-accredited bachelor degree.
UC Diploma of Applied Entrepreneurship
In partnership with Ducere Global Business School, the University of Canberra offers hands-on kinds of entrepreneurship diplomas. Each online training course, whether you major in entrepreneurship or social entrepreneurship, is the 1st year of a bachelor degree. Unlike most university programs, the emphasis is on continuous learning and projects. There are no long exams. You need 2 years of work experience to gain entry or, if you recently left school, at ATAR of 60+.
Entrepreneur Bachelor Degrees
Studying for an online bachelor degree in entrepreneurship gives you 3 years of applied business training.
- To be a successful entrepreneur, you need a strong skill set in multiple areas.
- A good entrepreneurship degree will develop your business skills broadly.
- But, unlike many bachelor degrees, you can also expect a large amount of project-based work.
- Hands-on training is what distinguishes a genuine entrepreneurship program from a theory course.
Your bachelor degree could prove invaluable in setting up a great entrepreneurial career. Graduates often look to gain employment with young firms operating in growth sectors, where you can quickly build skills and industry connections.
UC Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship
The best undergraduate business degree for budding entrepreneurs is the Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship offered by the University of Canberra in partnership with Ducere Global Business School. The course is designed to train entrepreneurs. You learn important business principles without having to do long theory-based exams. And you are able to develop business plans through project work. The online program can be completed part-time. Study areas include innovation, leadership and management, sales and marketing, pitching and presentations, and investments and fundraising.
You can study entrepreneurship as a specialisation in an online MBA program. Different qualifications are available depending on how much of the program you complete.
- A graduate certificate is 1 semester of study.
- A full MBA is typically 3 semesters.
A masters program in entrepreneurship is ideal for graduates with some business experience who are looking to upgrade their skills and qualifications. The course allows you to build expertise in areas that align with your interests and aspirations.
If you lack a business degree, you can start by enrolling in a graduate certificate course. But you'll need significant professional experience to be admitted if you haven't studied at university before.
UC Graduate Business Program
In partnership with Ducere Global Business School, the University of Canberra offers graduate entrepreneurial training. The Innovation and Leadership program contains a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration course. This provides valuable skills and is a good way to test and start MBA studies. The business program is all about teaching practical skills and allows you to work on real projects with Australian companies. You'll learn how to adapt and innovate.