Online Training Programs
Online entrepreneur training programs are available from a limited number of Australian universities and colleges. You can study for an accredited degree or diploma in business and entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneur training programs focus on start-up and innovation phases of developing a business. They teach you how to bring ideas to market.
- Online courses also develop general business skills, which entrepreneurs need as much as specialist knowledge.
- The best entrepreneurship courses get you working on projects as well. Students gain hands-on experience in business development.
Many entrepreneurs view formal education as costly, mainly because of the time that needs to be spent... [but] research shows that, the higher the education level, the greater the success. The reason is that college gives people additional skills that can be used within their business and to operate on a higher level.
What Online Training Programs Teach You
Online entrepreneur training programs teach you general business skills as well as how to start a new venture. Successful entrepreneurs have good all-round business skills to complement a creative vision.
Topics you may study include:
- marketing, international business
- new venture management
- business strategy, corporate governance
- managing virtual teams
- research and development
- innovation and competitiveness strategies
1. Diploma Programs
An online diploma in entrepreneurship teaches core skills and knowledge for building a business.
- Accredited online diploma programs can be finished in as little as 9-12 months.
- Courses may be self-paced, allowing you to go fast or slow depending on other commitments.
- Some entrepreneurship diplomas count as the 1st year of a bachelor degree in business.
Online diplomas are ideal if you haven't studied business before. You can learn valuable all-round skills and gain confidence in taking on business challenges.
If you find you enjoy studying entrepreneurship online, you can potentially go on to achieve a university-accredited bachelor degree.
2. Entrepreneur Bachelor Degrees
Studying for an online bachelor degree in entrepreneurship gives you 3 years of applied business training.
- To be a successful entrepreneur, you need a strong skill set in multiple areas.
- A good entrepreneurship degree will develop your business skills broadly.
- But, unlike many bachelor degrees, you can also expect a large amount of project-based work.
- Hands-on training is what distinguishes a genuine entrepreneurship program from a theory course.
Your bachelor degree could prove invaluable in setting up a great entrepreneurial career. Graduates often look to gain employment with young firms operating in growth sectors, where you can quickly build skills and industry connections.
Business training for entrepreneurs
Business classes are not a prerequisite for entrepreneurship, and yes, some of the most storied startup founders were college dropouts. But many others say they benefited from academic courses and experiential learning opportunities that focused on the fundamentals of entrepreneurship.
3. Graduate Programs
You can study entrepreneurship as a specialisation in an online MBA program. Different qualifications are available depending on how much of the program you complete.
- A graduate certificate is 1 semester of study.
- A graduate diploma is 2 semesters.
- A full MBA is typically 3 semesters.
A masters program in entrepreneurship is ideal for graduates with some business experience who are looking to upgrade their skills and qualifications. The course allows you to build expertise in areas that align with your interests and aspirations.
- If you don't have a business degree, you can start by enrolling in a graduate certificate course.
- If you don't have any type of degree, you may be accepted based on work experience.